23 October 2012

Review: The Onyx Bridge by Sofia Malamas

Hey guys!!! So I received The Onyx Bridge by Sofia Malamas for review and I absolutely loved it!!! But before I start to ramble on about how awesome it is you probably want to know what it's about :)
It is not a peaceful time in the Four Kingdoms. War is imminent, but all fear the coming of the human child, whose arrival, it is foretold, will aid in the resurrection of the terrible Dark Lord Coriol, a being with the power to destroy them all.Nothing extraordinary has ever happened to Evelyn Leighton. That is, until the day she turns seventeen and is transported through a Monet painting into a fantastical world where humans are thought to be extinct.To stop an ancient prophecy from coming true and save the world she has learned to call home, Evelyn must set out on a quest to find a legendary weapon: The Sign of the Four. Reluctantly, she accepts the aid of Jerris, an enigmatic, irresistibly attractive male descendant of the Water Kingdom with sapphire eyes as dark as his past.With her life on the line, Evelyn finds herself battling more than vicious trolls and mythical lion warriors. She must also battle her own heart—a battle she cannot afford to lose.

So when I first read the synopsis I immediately thought about Avatar The Last Airbender but this book is definitely not anything like it, it's much better!! Of course knowing me my favorite part of the book was
watching the relationship of Evelyn and Jerris bloom into this cute love :) To me their relationship reminded me alot of Bella and Edward from Twilight......which is a great thing to me!! However, Evelyn is more able to fend for herself then Bella is. Anyway back to the book :), the storyline was very unique and different from any other book I have read before which is very hard to come by these days.  The hint at mystery and secrecy in the book make you want to read more and more making it a very difficult book to put down once you get into it....this is proven by one of my friends who started reading alittle of it and then stole it to finish it lol...she loved it too btw.  This first book really leaves you wanting more and anxious to read book 2!! I can't wait for the second book to be released. So I definitely recommend reading this book!!

Rating:


Buy the Book:




3 comments:

Leigh Ann Harlan said...

Hey there! I'm a new follower via Book Blogs. I would love if you'd stop by and visit my blog. :)
MaMa's Book Corner

J H Myn said...

Hi!

Great review, and awesome blog! Just followed you :)

Cheers,
J.H. Myn
http://jhmyn.blogspot.com

Montse said...

Nice blog! I'm following you now!
Follow my blog too?
Thank you

http://librossueltos.blogspot.com.es/

About Me

Total Pageviews

Upcoming Reviews

Sing by Vivi Greene

Ahoy Mateys!

Hey guys! My name is Cierra and I'm a southern college YA bookie. Thanks for stopping by Books Ahoy. Here you'll find reviews, giveaways, interviews, and more! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Rating System

AMAZING!!! Go get this book right now!!

Great! Highly Recommend

It's ok. Borrow from a friend material.

Not that good but at least read the blurb.

Leave it on the shelf!

Currently Looting


Sing by Vivi Greene

Steal Me Loot!

Me Fellow Mateys!

Designed by