04 June 2012

Day 1: Armchair BEA Intros!! :)

Today is the first day of Armchair BEA and its start off with introductions of us and who we are.  I can't wait to get to know all you guys as well :)

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
My name is Cierra and I have been blogging for a little over a year now. I got into book blogging by chance really. I had always loved reading and I happened to come across a book blog one day and decided it would be fun to do! :)

What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
I am currently reading Darkness Falls by Cate Tiernan which is great so far! Hmm....I have so many favorite books from this year it would be way to hard to choose just one.

Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
Penguins are my favorite animals!! I absolutely love them :) I think they are so cute and cuddly!

What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
My favorite feature on my blog is participating in memes such as Follow Friday because it connects you to other book bloggers and I get to find other awesome book bloggers out there :)

Where do you see your blog in five years?
Still up and running and participating in the book blogging community

Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
My favorite post so far was this past Follow Friday question that I responded to here

If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
Hmm.....idk I think I would choose Veronica Roth or Beth Revis because I would love to talk to them about where their ideas come from and how they came up with their amazing concept.

What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
I would love to visit Hogwarts because it seems like an awesome place to be!

What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? 
My favorite part about the book blogging community is the people :) Everyone is so nice and helpful!! I love it!

Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
No I love everything the way it is :) Except I would love to go to BEA in a few years.

Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
Not really. My tastes in books are really genre specific. Whatever sounds intriguing whether it be action or romance I've always been open to reading it :)

12 comments:

Cayce said...

I'd love to visit Hogwarts, at the Harry Potter theme park. :D

Penguins are awesome! I once saw baby penguins in a zoo. They were so cute :)

Donna said...

Nice to meet other book bloggers via Armchair BEA. Love your design. I think I'd love Hogwarts too...Snape and all.

Kristi Quist said...

So many people I'm following are participating in Armchair BEA, I've decided to join in! Thanks for being an inspiration!

http://pearlsofgreatworth.blogspot.com/

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I think Veronica R. would be great to have dinner with, if only to talk about what from her imaginary worlds would she like to see in this world. I enjoyed both of her books and I don't read much YA!

Unknown said...

Hey Cierra!

My daughter loves penguins too, so much so that a boy (who was 18 and a friend of my niece) bought her one for her third birthday. (Weird boys.)

Anyway glad to know more about you and hope to talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

I wouldn't mind joining that dinner get together. Sounds really fun. I can't wait to read Darkness Falls.

So glad to meet you! Hope to see your around a bit more at Armchair BEA.

Bellezza said...

Since penguins are your favorite animal you have to read the original Mr. Popper's Penguins if you haven't yet already. And, don't watch the movie with Jim Carrey! It was awful when my class begged to see it as a reward (in my humble opinion.) Happy BEA Week!

Unknown said...

I forgot all about that book! I definitely should :)

Stuffed Shelves said...

Great to get to know you better! I look forward to reading more of your posts and reviews! Thanks!

Sam (Tiny Library) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm now a new follower of yours :)
I love the design and header on your blog.

Vegan YA Nerds said...

Hey Cierra! Thanks so much for dropping by our blog and following us, we're following you too!

This was a great post to get to know you a little better :)

Chrystal M said...

Wow I love the design of your blog - the header is wonderful. :) Off to explore your blog some more. :)

About Me

Total Pageviews

Upcoming Reviews

Sing by Vivi Greene

Ahoy Mateys!

Hey guys! My name is Cierra and I'm a southern college YA bookie. Thanks for stopping by Books Ahoy. Here you'll find reviews, giveaways, interviews, and more! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Rating System

AMAZING!!! Go get this book right now!!

Great! Highly Recommend

It's ok. Borrow from a friend material.

Not that good but at least read the blurb.

Leave it on the shelf!

Currently Looting


Sing by Vivi Greene

Steal Me Loot!

Me Fellow Mateys!

Designed by