01 February 2012

Interview w/Lola St.Vil

Here's is my interview with Lola St. Vil, author of Guardians: The Girl.

1. Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published?
Writing the book was so much fun! But trying to get it published has been hell. One agent said she just couldn’t even get through the book. But then another agent offered to represent me on the spot. In the end, neither agent worked. Something fell through every time I got close to being published. I wanted to give up but the few teens who had read Guardians were so excited about it. One of my readers lives in my apartment building and she would knock on my door every few days demanding the next chapter. That really helped me to not give up. I also read about other authors who self published and did well. So, I thought what do I have to lose?


2. Where do you get your ideas?
That is a very fair question. I have no idea! I wish I had a better answer. The truth is the two times I tried to write “Guardians: The Girl” it sucked. I wrote a few pages thinking I knew what the story was about. That was a mistake. The truth is, if I plan out the book and the idea - I lose interest. So, I kind of “walk” along side the character and together “we” hope we can handle whatever monster is around the corner…

3. What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
I love the scene where Marcus catches Emmy dancing around the house. I think Marcus really starts to fall for her at that point. He is such a put together and serious guy and Emmy is imperfect and silly. I love the opposites attracts element.


4. How did you come up with the title?
That was pretty easy; there are six Guardians so…: )
5. Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?
Growing up I was IN LOVE with Christopher Pike. Today it’s JK Rowling and Stephenie Meyer
6. When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
My Jr. High homeroom teacher had a heart attack. He was fine but he stayed in the hospital for some time. They asked the class to write get well cards. I wrote a poem. Then two. And soon I had written him a booklet. I have been writing ever since. Mostly plays and screenplays. I was too afraid to write a novel. It seemed…scary. But I would see characters “hanging around” just waiting for me to tell their story. Still, I was scared. Then I saw an interview with Stephenie Meyer and she said “What do you have to lose?” And I thought she is absolutely right. So, four months later I had book 1, book 2 and very bad carpal tunnel: )

7. What do you do when you are not writing?
Worry. Actually, I’m also an actress.

8. Will you have a new book coming out soon?
“Guardians” is a saga in four parts. I have written the first two books. I’m working on the third one.

9. Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers?
Don’t worry about what type of genre is selling. Write the story you love. Writing is the fun part, so enjoy it.


10. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
I would like to thank Books Ahoy for taking the time to talk to me. And to the readers, thank you so much for investing your time in Marcus and Emmy. Keep reading it gets better: )

You should check out Guardians: The Girl by Lola St. Vil. The synopsis is below:
 
Emmy - a bookish, witty student - is rescued by six teenaged angels with powers, called Guardians. They've been sent to elicit the secret from her before the demons can. Emmy later learns that her name is the only clue to locating a sought-after bridge that for centuries, Evil has plotted to destroy; this would in turn bring about the end of humanity. Things get worse when Emmy falls madly in love with Marcus, the well-intentioned but obstinate leader of the Guardians. He eventually confesses that he is in love with her as well. Unfortunately, Marcus has been warned by his clairvoyant and omniscient guide that should he and Emmy get together, the mission will fail and humanity will perish.

Follow Lola on Twitter here
and
Purchase her ebook on Amazon here

PS: Review Coming Soon! :)

0 comments:

About Me

Total Pageviews

Upcoming Reviews

Sing by Vivi Greene

Ahoy Mateys!

Hey guys! My name is Cierra and I'm a southern college YA bookie. Thanks for stopping by Books Ahoy. Here you'll find reviews, giveaways, interviews, and more! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Rating System

AMAZING!!! Go get this book right now!!

Great! Highly Recommend

It's ok. Borrow from a friend material.

Not that good but at least read the blurb.

Leave it on the shelf!

Currently Looting


Sing by Vivi Greene

Steal Me Loot!

Me Fellow Mateys!

Designed by